• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Some of the best RTS games for amateurs

Maria

All warfare is based on deception
When it comes to real-time strategy games, there is a wide range of choices to choose from. For newcomers to this genre, initial intimidation can be quite common, especially for those who are not experienced gamers. However, amidst the plethora of RTS games, there are some that stand out as being particularly beginner-friendly. Age of Empires, Into the Breach, Northgard, and Starcraft II are among those that are often recommended for beginners. What makes these RTS games appealing to beginners is their ease of learning combined with the depth they provide, making them a great entry point into the world of RTS gaming. On the other hand, identifying the best RTS game for beginners is a subjective matter, as individual preferences come into play. Which RTS games can you add?

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is what I'm going to add for a beginner who wants to start off good with playing RTS games. This is because it have a straightforward gameplay which makes it easier for them to adapt with playing it.

I think the Warcraft or Imperivm games are good for beginners, those were the ones I started with and it didn't take much work for me to adapt to the mechanics, I wouldn't recommend Starcraft for example to start, I think it's quite complicated for a beginner.

If you want to try your hands on classic RTS game Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition is a great game for starter. If you want to try more recent games, Total War: Warhammer will be good for beginners. Most RTS games offer tutorials and always check tutorials before playing.

If you want to try your hands on classic RTS game Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition is a great game for starter. If you want to try more recent games, Total War: Warhammer will be good for beginners. Most RTS games offer tutorials and always check tutorials before playing.
I read an article on the list of hardest RTS games, and Age of Empire 2 was part of it, am a beginner when it comes to RTS games, so i might give it a try.

Back