• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Will we ever see a Dawn of War IV?

Vortex

Gets mad then gets over it
Do you think there will ever be a new Dawn of War game? I know DoW3 wasn't very well received. People loved the base building of the original and the series kind of lost its way with the next couple of games. Seems like Warhammer 40k is getting lots of traction at the minute so maybe its time?

It's a good question. One I am pondering in an article for the main site. Here's a sneak peak:

dow4.webp

It's a good question. One I am pondering in an article for the main site. Here's a sneak peak:

View attachment 8

I know that some people didn't like the last one, but I've seen lots of people loved the first game of which I'm one of them. The reason is, you could build your own base and collect resources. It was absolutely stunning playing the game back in the day.

The first game was fun because it lets you build your own army and base. They can make the gameplay mechanics better if they’re committed to making the new game work. In my opinion, it's probably the best time to make a new game.

Haven't kept up with this, but if the current game sold well, I'm sure a fourth one will come out or at least a side game or something.

Back