• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Will Disney Reboot the Original Trilogy?

Dismal_Bliss

All warfare is based on deception
Website
carnivoretalk.com
Disney loves to reboot everything, and have been remaking all their old classics for modern audiences using modern technology, and placating to modern social issues as well.

Do you think Disney will reboot the original trilogy?

Personally, I abhor the thought and can't imagine Disney being that stupid. When something is a classic, or even a bit of a cult classic, you don't touch it. Leave it alone! lol :D

I would hope not. They've got other Star Wars stories they could focus on especially movies about individual characters. They could do one on Yoda or Jar Jar for instance.

I agree. If they did, I would not watch the reboot. At all.

Oh come now, you know you would be curious, lol :D

It's not that I don't think they couldn't do a decent job. I just think that everyone would be comparing it to the classics and dogging on it big time. The fan base is already pretty volatile when it comes to touching sacred things like Star Wars.

I doubt you missed the undercurrent when George Lucas himself went back and played with them.

Now there are odd remasters I like as passion projects. Here's one. If the big company itself steps in though... it'll make money no doubt but the current against it however you'd slice it would probably be quite strong.

Oh come now, you know you would be curious, lol :D

It's not that I don't think they couldn't do a decent job. I just think that everyone would be comparing it to the classics and dogging on it big time. The fan base is already pretty volatile when it comes to touching sacred things like Star Wars.
It would honestly depend on the trailers. If the trailers are good enough, maybe. Otherwise, nah. I base my interest on movies on the trailers.

The only reboot I liked was Spaceballs with Rick Moranis 😃. That was some galactic comedy!

Remaking the original three is a very bad idea. However, maybe they will do it, just like Elon Musk changed Twitter 😀. Who knows?
It's the money aspect that's going to be the major decider. If they feel it's going to sell very well which I don't believe it would, they are definitely going move for the reboot. But right now, it doesn't seem like it's going to be happening.

It's the money aspect that's going to be the major decider. If they feel it's going to sell very well which I don't believe it would, they are definitely going move for the reboot.

Kinda like that band that goes out for yet another "Farewell Tour" lol :LOL:

They 100% WILL NOT reboot it because no matter how they do it they would face massive criticism from all sides of the aisle.

It would be a lose lose situation.

Even the last lot of medaling I thought was unnecessary and added no value to it what so ever.

You can't remake an original that is so good in many cases. Well, if it original is sort of lame you definitely can and I know one example in popular music where the remake is a classic but the original is very lame, not memorable beyond the 1950s.

Anyway, Cape Fear is an example of a classic movie which probably was very good, but the remake with Robert De Niro is just as good, probably.

Kinda like that band that goes out for yet another "Farewell Tour" lol :LOL:
Exactly what I had in mind. Although, it's most likely not going to happen because I think they wouldn't meet up on how iconic the previous one was, it's just going to be a watered down reboot which wouldn't live up to the hype.

Back