• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Why not just clone a Jedi?

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
Harking back to Attack of the Clones, why choose bounty hunter Jango Fett rather than just cloning a Jedi and having an army of force sensitive, lightsabre equipped, warriors?

There are records of attempts splashed across EU material but not much that clearly answers this (and those examples make the 'why not' worse, tbh). My unresearched assumption is that it is prohibitively difficult to properly clone a force sensitive being, especially at scale, as compared to a 'mundane' one. It would seem the force is extremely fastidious and is not a reliable thing to select and induce, not without very concentrated meddling. And the Sith learned in the long run how well that turns out.

It is significantly harder to clone a Force sensitive person than a non-Force sensitive individual. Besides this, I don’t see nothing really stopping cloning a Jedi. The problem would be not all ‘powers’ might not be cloned and transferred

Back