• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Why didn't Obi-Wan Kenobi kill Darth Vader?

Heatman

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Do you think that Obi-Wan make a mistake when he found and defeated Darth Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi but failed to kill him? A lot of other people had to die because he couldn't bring himself to kill his friend even knowing what he has become.

What other reasons do you think Obi-Wan had for not killing Darth Vader?

I think he saw inside the force what Vader would become. Without Vader, a lot of Luke's power goes away, and Sidious may or may not ever be able to be killed (whether by Vader or Rey is debatable). It would also be impossible due to the order of the TV shows and movies. Not like they could write off the original series.

Myself, I have a problem with a family member. I would really like to lay the smack down on him, but doing so messes up family relations. Can anyone relate?

I think he saw inside the force what Vader would become. Without Vader, a lot of Luke's power goes away, and Sidious may or may not ever be able to be killed (whether by Vader or Rey is debatable). It would also be impossible due to the order of the TV shows and movies. Not like they could write off the original series.
Yeah, that's more like it. I feel that their relationship was messed up and twisted in a way that Obi-Wan couldn't be able to end Vader at that point.
Myself, I have a problem with a family member. I would really like to lay the smack down on him, but doing so messes up family relations. Can anyone relate?
Dealing with family members can be a pain in the butt. I can very well myself related to how you feel.

Back