• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Who would you fight for in the movie?

R2-D2

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Some might expect it would be the rebels, but people can surprise you. Well, what reasons do you give for your choice? Do some of you sympathize with both of them?

Mostly on the side of the Republic/Rebels. But I can see why some people thought the Empire was "better," though they weren't, to be honest.

Well, Jedi values resonate with me more than Sith values.

On the other hand, I'm an obey the law kind of guy.

On the other, I hate injustice and corrupt governement (which is all of them).

This is a more difficult question than it appears on the surface :)

As a dark lord my choice is clear, and Palpatine probably could have used the other hand. Of course, the third Dark Lord from the lineage of Bane would be more rival than ally and so that probably would not have ended well.

But in all seriousness I'm a bit of a 'git off my lawn' gal and so if the Empire were to piss me off I'd likely be straight off to a rebellion cruiser. However, frankly I wouldn't bother to take a position unless forced to. I could very well fight for the empire if that is where circumstances lead even if I was aware of atrocities. I tend to be that pesky 'gradual reform' voice, preferring to alter an institution rather than destroy it, and given the long odds of the rebels in the series I might deduce that there's little chance that the empire would go down anytime soon from the outside. Basically it all comes down to circumstance. All things equal as an armchair observer and assuming I was teleported into a galaxy far far away I'd probably seek out rebels first but I really can't account for what I might think if I were to live it in the moment.

I have never been ashamed to throw in my support for the Sith Lord Darth Vader. He's always going to be my favourite character in Star Wars franchise. So, if I'm picking a side, it's definitely going to be by his side. I have always had a thing for the dark side.

Darth Vader has all the classic reasons for obeying the status quo. However, absolute power corrupts, right? This is always a good debate for your political science or history courses.

Darth Vader has all the classic reasons for obeying the status quo. However, absolute power corrupts, right? This is always a good debate for your political science or history courses.
True! The debate about being for the good or bad side will never end. We still have such situations in our today's world, so it's totally understandable. Unfortunately, everyone isn't meant to be good, that's why the bad side still gets life today.

Back