• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Who was the father of Anakin Skywalker?

Heatman

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Before the birth of Darth Vader, it was Anakin Skywalker who was meant to be future of the Jedi. Unfortunately, he was broken to turn to the dark side and eventually become the Dark Sitho Lord Darth Vader. Let's go back a little bit, Shmi Skywalker was the mother of Anakin Skywalker but nothing was mentioned about his father.

Anakin's mother claimed that there was never a father involved in her pregnancy of Anakin. How's one Force responsible for Shmi Skywalker pregnancy with Anakin?

Anakin was born out of force voodoo performed by Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious. The original reference was EU but it seems the comic Darth Vader #25 has recanonized this concept. This ill-fated voodoo was not the magic solution the Sith were hoping for, in the end...

Anakin was born out of force voodoo performed by Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious. The original reference was EU but it seems the comic Darth Vader #25 has recanonized this concept. This ill-fated voodoo was not the magic solution the Sith were hoping for, in the end...
Yeah, exactly this. Another theory I've read that I wholeheartedly believe is that's why Darth Maul was on Tatooine. Sidious knew Anakin was there, and sensed that the Jedi would get to him before he could if not for Maul's intervention. It's a bit odd to me that none of this really made it to the big screen. I'm sure Disney will milk the idea in time, though. They're pros at that.

Back