• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Who saw it at the theater?

R2-D2

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
How did it go? How would you compare it to TV? I saw the original ones at the theater in 1997 for the 20th anniversary.

I saw The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi but not The Rise of Skywalker as I didn't get to see it in time.

I was born the same year as the original Star Wars was released. Yes, I am that old. I remember my Dad taking me to see Return of the Jedi but we didn't get in due to the queue to see the movie. Strange the things you remember. I was six!

I've seen every single movie since at the cinema. The prequel trilogy, the sequel trilogy, Rogue One, and Solo. I remember seeing Rogue One and thinking "this is what The Force Awakens should have been", but Episode VII has grown on my since.

Star Wars is one of those movie franchises that you MUST see on the big screen, in my opinion. I've seen all 9 films of the Skywalker Saga, plus Rogue One, in a theatre. I will admit that I have not seen the Han Solo movie yet.

I never saw the first 6 films (4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3) in theaters. I wasn't born for 4-5-6, and I was like under 5 for episodes 1-2-3. The only ones I've seen in theaters was the sequel trilogy, and those are alright.

I saw on of the newer Star Trek movies at the theater also. I forgot which one it was. It was fun.

I have seen most of them in the theater because I really love watching there. It's just COVID that dropped my interest in going to the cinema recently since 2020. Although, it's not going to keep me seeing any new Star Wars movie that's going come out anytime soon.

I've not seen a Star Wars movie in the theater yet. But I'm sure whoever has watched it there has enjoyed it a lot. The experience would be so much more rich and thrilling compared to watching on a TV or smartphone.

Myself, nothing compares to the theater. In fact, maybe a surround system on a big screen TV would compare, but I can't really say for sure. Anyway, I saw one of the new ones at theater and as I said before, the original ones, but not in 1977, of course, as I was born in 76. :D

Oh wait, I could have seen the original one as a baby, but I need to ask if I had, but probably not.

Back