• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Which RTS games have the biggest rivalry?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
There are so many RTS games which gamers play. A lot of them are different while some are similar. It's just like how Call of Duty and Battlefield are two shooting games that are big rival. Which RTS games do you think share the same rivalry?

You made a good point there! In my opinion, I think StarCraft and Warcraft have one of the biggest rivalries when to comes to RTS games. The major reason why I said that is that both franchises have been in the industry for long and they have a actually been competing for players' attention for so many years now.

Personally, I think it's going to be StarCraft and Command & Conquer that shares the biggest rivalry in the RTS game's genre. Both games are developed by Blizzard Entertainment and Westwood Studios/EA which are the two biggest company.

Personally, I think it's going to be StarCraft and Command & Conquer that shares the biggest rivalry in the RTS game's genre. Both games are developed by Blizzard Entertainment and Westwood Studios/EA which are the two biggest company.
Another rivalry that comes to mind right now is Age of Empires vs. Total War. I’ve seen fans of each series debate on which one is superior. But In my opinion, both series have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Another rivalry that comes to mind right now is Age of Empires vs. Total War. I’ve seen fans of each series debate on which one is superior. But In my opinion, both series have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Yeah, it's the same thing with all the games. They're all have their strength and weakness which makes gamers choose one over another. Are you in any gaming community of Total War?

Back