• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Which playstyle do you prefer using?

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
The Supreme Commader game has two basic playstyles which are turtle and rush. When it comes to playing the game, some gamer would prefer using one instead of the other. Which one do you enjoy using and why is it so?

I've always been a turtle. I often find I can't effectively manage a rush-style. I do enjoy it when you get a turtle player vs a rush player. The differences in play-style makes for an interesting contest.

I've always been a turtle. I often find I can't effectively manage a rush-style. I do enjoy it when you get a turtle player vs a rush player. The differences in play-style makes for an interesting contest.

One of the advantages of turtling is that you can be flexible in adapting to opponents' moves. This is quite difficult to achieve in rushing as you can be vulnerable to counter attacks from rivals. So, I quite understand the reason you go with the turtle playstyle.

Back