• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Which one is more important to you? Graphics or Gameplay?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
When it comes to choosing the RTS games you're going to be playing, which feature of the game is more important to you between the game's graphics or its gameplay?

Let's assume in a situation where you can't have both of them very good in a game, which one would you choose to be better than the other?

When I am playing RTS games, I consider gameplay to be more important than graphics. Well, when the game has impressive visuals, it can certainly enhance the experience, however, the heart of an RTS lies in its mechanics, strategy depth, and the challenge it presents. Therefore, gameplay is more important.

Yeah. Gameplay first. Graphics can be 16-bit if the gameplay is awesome.

For me, it's gotta be gameplay. If a game looks very amazing but too easy, i'll get tired of it quickly. But if a game has some awesome gameplay, I can definitely play it for hours on end.

I don't think much about graphics when I play RTS games because gameplay is one thing that can keep me in touch and focus on enjoying the game. If the game has got great graphics but poor gameplay, I will consider such a game as trash.

This is a tough one to choose. I find the graphics in games very important as well as the gameplay. If the graphics is poor it is not such a great gameplay experience for me. So sacrificing one for the other would not make gaming a memorable one.

Personally I don't joke with graphics, while I love a good gameplay, I would always want to play games that comes along with good graphics.

Back