• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Which Medieval fantasy rts game is your favorite?

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
We've got a lot of medieval rts games that are worth playing. The Warcraft, the Warhammer, the Spell force and a host of others. When asked to pick your favourite from these games, which one would you consider to be the one to go for and why?

My favorite medieval fantasy RTS game is Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. I’m aware that it's an older game, but it still holds up today. You can see its influence in many modern RTS games.

I’ll go with Total War: Warhammer. What excites me about the game is the combination of turn-based strategy and real-time battles. The game also has a great variety of factions and units which make for a new level of immersion.

For me, Northgard is a great medieval RTS game. As a lover of viking legends and cultures, I immediately fell in love with the game because of it's beautiful graphics which radiate viking aesthetics. The creatures like giants and dragons also made the game worthwhile.

It has to be Age of Mythology. I just love the mythology based factions and the very engaging campaign mode. Another thing I like about the game is its great balance of economy, exploration, and combat. This makes it a lot of fun to play.

I think War Craft 3 is the fantasy RTS game that I would consider as a favourite. The lore is deep. I love the diversity that it has in terms of unit development. And the depth of the strategy needed to play the game makes it a favourite for me.

Back