• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Which Age of Empires series is the most difficult?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
I can easily understand that when you're talking about how difficult any particular video game is, it's usually going to be subjective for most people except for games which are known to be very difficult like soul's games.

Bringing this close to RTS games, in all the Age of Empires series, I would pick Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings to be the most difficult because of how robust the game's AI made it difficult to beat and also its complex strategies and tough game mechanics.

Which Age of Empires series is the most difficult?

Well, Age of Empires II is my favorite game in the series. I have played three games and based on my personal experience the most difficult game is Age of Empires III. I found managing the Home City mechanics was really challenging.

Back