• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's your favourite Star Wars game?

Darth Mike

Ready for deployment
It's KOTOR for me (Knights of the Old Republic). I'd go as far as to say it's in my top three games of all time despite being twenty years old! What's your favourite?

KOTOR, 2 in particular has to be top in story. It's best enjoyed with the Restored Content Modification to curb its rough edges. It's criminal for Kreia's philosophy to never be revisited again, I'd make an order around that if I had the chance. SWTOR did its plot threads dirty....

I don't particularly care about Jedi Academy vanilla but the modding is unsurpassed - a perfectly serviceable core game with good combat and extreme potential to reimagine campaigns or maybe you just want a sandbox. Well you get that too if you look up Galactic Legacy - one of the best things to spark my imagination for the setting in years.

I can be tempted to kick the original Battlefront 2 around, it's a fun title. Empire at War is another classic.

You'll notice nothing new. EA turns me off completely, SWTOR you can tell I'm not a huge fan of and I tend to lean towards oldies anyway with limited exception. However Fallen Order, the newer singleplayer game seems to be worth the trouble. I say seems because my backlog is far too long to do more than glance over, but it's the one recent title I'd take a shot on these days.

Back