• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's your favourite gameplay mechanics in Command and Conquer?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
In Command and Conquer, there are three main gameplay mechanics. They are Base Building, Resource Management and Unit Control. Each gameplay mechanics have different strategic being applied in order to get the best out of your play.

Which gameplay mechanics in Command and Conquer do you like so much?

When playing Command and Conquer, my favourite gameplay mechanics are tech trees and upgrade systems, unit production and army arrangements , resource control, and base building. These gameplay mechanics make playing this rts game fun and exciting for me.

Base building is definitely one of my favourites when it comes to Command and Conquer. I have always enjoyed anything to do with base building or similar to base building so this is perfect for me in terms of a mechanic in the game.

I’m loving the Unit Control aspect of the game. There's something very satisfying about micromanaging my units and also executing some tactics to defeat the opponent. Basically, I make sure to understanding each unit's strengths and weaknesses before unleashing on the enemies.

I like Base Building. I enjoyed designing and constructing my own base, with a lot of defensive structures. I think the gameplay mechanics is all about finding the right balance and also trying to adapt to the situation, which I find to be really engaging.

It has a lot to do with the resource management. Managing resources effectively is a very crucial thing to do as it will help in executing your strategy. I also enjoy the challenge when I optimize my resources, and make a very tough decisions about what to prioritize.

Base building is definitely one of my favourites when it comes to Command and Conquer. I have always enjoyed anything to do with base building or similar to base building so this is perfect for me in terms of a mechanic in the game.
This is exactly the same thing I love so much too when it comes to RTS games. In fact, it's something that I love about any game where it's possible for me to build. It's why I love playing Cities Skylines too.

Back