• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's your favourite ever RTS game?

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
At the last count there are around 600 RTS games which have been released. That's a helluva selection of games to get through. I'm interested. What are your favourite RTS games and why? What stands out about them? What do you enjoy most about them?

I will choose Warcraft III: Reforged. It has a lot of improvements to the original Warcraft III. What I particularly like about it is the addition of more cutscenes. I love reading a lot of back and in game stories.

I am a fan of Total War series. Some of my favorite games on this series are Total War Rome and Rome II, Total War Shogun and Total War Viking Invasion. I also like The Lord of the Rings.

For now I don't have a favorite, I am still trying to get a hang of the whole features and gameplay in general. Maybe in a few weeks I might have a favorite.

Back