• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's your best free to play RTS games?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
I have played so many RTS games which are free to play. This means I don't have to pay any money before being able to start playing the games. Right now, it's Starcraft II : Wings of Liberty that's my favourite free to play RTS game. I enjoy playing the single-player campaign, competitive multiplayer, and the ability to play custom maps and mods.

What's your favourite free to play RTS games now?

My favorite free-to-play RTS game is Warframe. You might say it's not like the traditional RTS, but if you look well, you'll agree with me because it has a lot of RTS elements and it's so much fun too.

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm is one of my best if not my best free to play RTS game. It's available only on PC which is my favourite platform for playing all the RTS games that I want to get into.

Well, I will go with DOTA 2. It is really good. Age of Empire 2 can also be played for free and it is a great game.

My favorite free-to-play RTS game is Warframe. You might say it's not like the traditional RTS, but if you look well, you'll agree with me because it has a lot of RTS elements and it's so much fun too.

Warframe is a good game although I would have preferred if the devs can be able to do a new version of the game or something that can address some of the issues that has to do with RTS players not vibing along to it.

Well, I will go with DOTA 2. It is really good. Age of Empire 2 can also be played for free and it is a great game.
DOTA 2 isn't an RTS game but a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. I hope you're aware of that even though it's a free to play game.

My favorite free real-time strategy games are Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, and StarCraft II. StarCraft II, in particular, has an exclusive spot in my heart as a classic RTS game that I still enjoy playing. Despite its high degree of strategic gaming, I love it because of its intriguing tale. I greatly appreciate RTS games with compelling stories, as they emphasize the value of a rich narrative. My brother shares my excitement for this game and enjoys competing against other gamers.

Back