• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's the worst Real Time Strategy games you've played?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
There are good and bad RTS games. Developers either get it right or wrong when producing the games they are working on.

If you can think of any RTS games that you will tag as the worst among the rest you've played, which one is it going to be?

What's the worst RTS games you've played?

I think 'Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight' is one of the worst RTS games that I have ever played. The game has a very poor storyline and it's also with numerous bugs, which makes it very disappointing to me.

The remake of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans hands down would be the worst RTS game I've wasted my time trying to play. It's the most bugged RTS game I've ever seen. Also, the use of outdated mechanics in the game was horrible.

The remake of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans hands down would be the worst RTS game I've wasted my time trying to play. It's the most bugged RTS game I've ever seen. Also, the use of outdated mechanics in the game was horrible.
There are times that I wish that the developers shouldn't have wasted their time trying to remake that game as it was as if it was a lost battle. If they can do an update that can address the issues with the bugs in the game, it will be really better.

There are times that I wish that the developers shouldn't have wasted their time trying to remake that game as it was as if it was a lost battle. If they can do an update that can address the issues with the bugs in the game, it will be really better.
It is not about wasting time trying to make a game but not putting enough effort in making that particular game because that is the only reason why they will have the game developed in a hopeless manner that wouldn't be something satisfying for gamers to play.

In my case, Aurora 4x was the most challenging RTS game. It is a very complex game with a lot of options to keep in mind. As I have mentioned in my other posts, I am not good at real-time strategy games, so I was overwhelmed by the difficulty. The mechanics of Aurora 4x were hard to understand, and despite my efforts, I still failed. In addition, the game's goals were hard to understand. This is why I stopped playing Aurora 4x.

Back