• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's the most difficult RTS games you've played?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
There are some RTS games which can be categorised as being easy because gamers doesn't struggle too much when playing it while some RTS games will feel like you're playing Soulsborne games.

If you can pick one RTS game as the most difficult that you've played, which game is it going to be?

In my opinion, StarCraft II is one of the most difficult RTS games I've played so far. That game need you to think fast and manage your resources very perfectly and If you dare make one mistake, you’ll definitely lose the whole game.

It's StarCraft: Brood War that I'm going rate as one of the most difficult RTS games I've played and struggled so much to beat it. This game is very brutal in how difficult it is in the campaign mode. If you're not very good in micromanagement and quick decision making, you're dead.

It’s Age of Empires IV. It really took time for me to understand the mechanics of the game. It also has a really high skill ceiling.

Back