• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's The Most Challenging RTS Game?

Ini

All warfare is based on deception
I like to test my skills in RTS games and there are games that pushes me to the limits and even beyond. Mostly, it's the unforgiving AI and also the complex gameplay mechanics. Share your stories and let's find out which game is mostly challenging to you.

I believe Rise of Nations is a kind of challenging to master. If you are not a fast thinker, you would not master it in 3 months. And there is fine margins for errors with the game. A single poor decision can be your doom as a player might not get to recover from it.

For me, StarCraft II is definitely the most challenging RTS game. The competitive scene and esports aspect is so challenging and it raise the bar so high. The micro and macro management also required you to compete at a high level which is insane.

I would say Starcraft series, it seems pretty hard core at times and seen plenty of people rage quit lol.

Back