• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What's The Impact of AI on RTS Games?

Ini

All warfare is based on deception
The impact of AI on Real-Time Strategy (RTS) games cannot be over emphasized. Its impact is felt from basic unit control to advanced neural networks. For me, I'm aware that AI has really come a long way but we need to talk about how it has changed the way we play RTS games. Share your opinion!

To me, AI has definitely raised the bar for RTS games. Now, we really need to look for ways to adapt to dynamic AI opponents that can counter our strategies. Games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War are known to have amazing AI that really tests our skills.

We should not forget about the potential for AI-powered tools and features. I imagine having an AI assistant that would help me with resource management or suggests strategies based on my playstyle. That would be awesome for players like me.

Back