• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What’s the best way to scout the enemy in Supreme Commander?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
Scouting your enemy in any RTS game is very important because it's how you gain information about them and know how to defeat them. It's the same way that it's crucial to scout the opponent successfully in Supreme Commander. When you're scouting your enemy in the game, what's the best way you do it?

Scouting is very crucial in Supreme Commander. For me, the best way I scout the enemy is using a combination of units and tools. What I do is to start by sending out fast units like scouts planes to help me gather intel on the enemy's army composition. Then, I try to use radar towers to keep tabs on their movements and expansions before I launch attack them.

You gotta keep scouting and scouting. Some factions are better than others. The Cybran have cloaking fields which really help.

Back