• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What other RTS games are like Northgard?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
Northgard is an RTS games that blend traditional strategy elements with unique mechanics or settings. It's based on Norse mythology where players must manage their clan's resources very well, deal with the harsh winter, go raiding as well as hunting and fight off enemies.

I would love to play some other RTS games that are built in the same storyline and game mechanics. I wouldn't mind paying for such games if they are good.

I completely agree with you on this because I also believe that Northgard is a fantastic RTS game because it offers a blend of traditional strategy element and the Norse mythology. Now, If you're looking for similar games, I'd recommend you check out Ancestors Legacy and Viking: Battlfor Asgard.

I completely agree with you on this because I also believe that Northgard is a fantastic RTS game because it offers a blend of traditional strategy element and the Norse mythology. Now, If you're looking for similar games, I'd recommend you check out Ancestors Legacy and Viking: Battlfor Asgard.
I love your recommendation so much because I've played both Ancestors Legacy and Viking and I can attest that they are very similar to Northgard. Another game that comes to mind is Jotun: Valhalla Edition. Make sure to check it out

For anyone looking for more RTS games with similar mechanics and setting with that of the Northgard, I'd also suggest they check out For Expeditions: Viking.

For anyone looking for more RTS games with similar mechanics and setting with that of the Northgard, I'd also suggest they check out For Expeditions: Viking.
I'm going to check Expeditions: Viking and see how they are closely.

A work colleague of mine recommended Frozenheim. Does anyone have any experience with the game?

I think that Age of Empires offers something remotely similar to Northgard in terms of gameplay. Both games require that players build a city. With that, they are expected to develop a base and a military. They need to manage resources to develop and support their economy. Playing anyone between Northgard and Age of Empires would provide a background to play the other.

Back