• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What is the Scariest Game You Have Ever Played?

Nomad

Ready for deployment
I have not played a lot of horror games and based on my limited experience with horror games, I think Visage is the scariest game I have ever played. Visage is a first-person psychological horror game. The game is available on PlayStation (4 and 5), Xbox (One, Series X and S), and Windows PC.
If you want to learn about Visage, you can check this review.

F.E.A.R. was scary for an FPS. Psychological rather than obvious jump-scares or gore.

F.E.A.R. was scary for an FPS. Psychological rather than obvious jump-scares or gore.
I remember playing FEAR when I was younger. Was indeed scary!

I haven't played Resident Evil, but watching streams gives me the shivers!

I have not played too many scary games in my time playing video games because I don't like being scared or jump scared in general.

I have played Doors on Roblox though and I played that recently and for it being a Roblox game, that scared me.

Even though Tomb Raider isn't a horror game, it used to freak me out when I first played through the game since some of the enemies are placed in corners and you don't expect them to jump out at you. As for horror games I still get freaked out a bit when I play Clock Tower 3, especially when you're trying to run away from the Subordinates and Alyssa gets too scared to move since her panic meter fills up.

Even though Tomb Raider isn't a horror game, it used to freak me out when I first played through the game since some of the enemies are placed in corners and you don't expect them to jump out at you. As for horror games I still get freaked out a bit when I play Clock Tower 3, especially when you're trying to run away from the Subordinates and Alyssa gets too scared to move since her panic meter fills up.

Tomb Raider was a scary for kids in my place as well. A couple of them that played it couldn't even feel comfortable completing it as the storyline was a bit that way. How did you get to feel relaxed playing it later?

I have played so many horror games because I enjoy playing such games. But if I'm going to choose the most a scariest of them all, it's definitely going to be Silent Hill 2. This game is so good that the horrors in it stays with you even after playing.

Back