• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What do you understand by RTS game narratives?

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
I think RTS game narratives is all about building an interesting strolyline that follows a particular mission which in a bid to tell about some historical events develops into a larger plot. This is why most of the RTS games is all about world building. What do you think RTS game narrative is all about?

The story is secondary to the action. In a lot of other game types the story or your ablity to take part in the story is vital. In RTS, less so. That said, I do appreocate a good story and solid campaign.

I think narratives just explains what you need know about about a game, before you even start playing it. They give you a background story of the game, and they give you update as the game progresses.

I think narratives just explains what you need to know about a game before you even start playing it. They give you a background story of the game, and they give you update as the game progresses.

That is close to it. You need to get the basics about the storyline of the particular RTS game that you are playing. It is when you know the historical information, for example, that you can be able to plan better in order to defeat your opponents in such a game.

Narrative refers to the storyline of the game. Personally I feel this is what makes the game a lot more fun. Without a narrative, there would be no aim or direction in which the game should lead to.

Back