• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What do you think about gaming communities?

Nomad

Ready for deployment
Star Wars Cafe is a gaming community dedicated to the Star Wars franchise. On the world wide web, you can find a lot of gaming communities, on niche gaming as well as general gaming. Are you a part of a lot of gaming communities, do you frequently post on these communities, why do you post on gaming communities, is it just to have fun interacting with fellow gamers, or want to learn and share?

As long as there are no bullies and abusive words are not tolerated, I can be in a gaming forum as much as I want. It is a personal thing as I am one that likes to play games most of the times and being in a community where I get to interact with others is key.

I've wanted to get into the gaming forum thing for the money. How might one be monetized and marketed well?

I wouldn't call this a gaming community, adjacent at most.

I've been deep in a few of them, pertaining to franchises I like and games I mod. On and off I've even considered making a site of my own the overhead combined with my erratic activity meant I could never be the primary driver, and I would not do it for profit. Depending on the niche and 'game plan' ie, working with someone who shares a genuine passion, I could still make myself available as support but I can't say anything has caught my eye lately.

No, it's not a gaming community. It's a Star Wars focused community still in it's infancy.

...and really appreciating all the good, kind folks who drop by from time to time.

Back