• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What do you look out in combats while playing rts games

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
When it comes to playing rts games, most of the things that I look out for during combats are for a natural penalty for any opponent that fights without gaining ground. Also having terrain manipulation is also very important. What are the things that you look out for?

I completely agree with you on the importance of a natural penalty for opponents who fight without gaining ground. This will definitely adds another layer of strategy to the game and it will also encourage players to think carefully about their actions. Another thing I found very interesting in RTS combat is unit counters and balance.

Personally, I always look out for a good fog of war system. This really make scouting very successful. And I also agree with the OP about the terrain manipulation. I enjoy using the environment to outmaneuver my opponent.

Personally, I always look out for a good fog of war system. This really make scouting very successful. And I also agree with the OP about the terrain manipulation. I enjoy using the environment to outmaneuver my opponent.
I love that you mention fog of war system. It really adds to the tension and uncertainty to the combat and that sounds so cool. For me, resource management is what I look for in RTS combat. I like to see games where I would need to carefully manage my resources to know when to push forward and when to retreat.

Back