• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What challenges do you face while playing RTS games?

Kane

All warfare is based on deception
There are some aspects of RTS that can prove to be a challenge for you. For me I will say it’s the learning that never seems to end. You have to continuously learn new strategies, mechanics and techniques.
There is also the environment. You have to understand the terrains and map layouts. This involves so much critical thinking and involvement, and it can be a challenge sometimes.

Yes, I face similar challenges while playing some of the RTS games. Managing resources and multitasking is a another challenging task. You know how daunting it can be to balance expanding, defending and attacking all at once. It can be very overwhelming at times.

It's the constant tinkering to counter attack whatever your opponent throws at you either when you're attacking or defending that's a big challenge for me. You never know what to expect until it lands and you have to be prepared at all times or you get destroyed.

When I engage in real-time strategy games, I often encounter several challenges. The nature of most RTS games demands that players manage multiple tasks at once, which can be overwhelming for me. This often leads to feelings of stress, although there is an element of fun and enjoyment in overcoming these challenges. Moreover, the scarcity of in-game resources presents major decision-making dilemmas, as I often struggle to ascertain which objectives should be prioritized. And, as a less experienced RTS gamer, I frequently find certain RTS games to be quite intricate and challenging to learn, which can lead to frustration.

Being aware of the unique game mechanics and the abilities to handle it always takes time, and that is one of the challenges that I experience when I play some RTS games.

When I engage in real-time strategy games, I often encounter several challenges. The nature of most RTS games demands that players manage multiple tasks at once, which can be overwhelming for me. This often leads to feelings of stress, although there is an element of fun and enjoyment in overcoming these challenges. Moreover, the scarcity of in-game resources presents major decision-making dilemmas, as I often struggle to ascertain which objectives should be prioritized. And, as a less experienced RTS gamer, I frequently find certain RTS games to be quite intricate and challenging to learn, which can lead to frustration.
It's why you don't start playing many RTS games at once. The work load will be too much for you to coordinate as a less experienced RTS gamer. Even those who are good at it will find doing all that seriously challenging too.

For me it's getting used to the whole game play and features. I am still very new to RTS games so majority of the times I find these things extremely confusing. I believe with time though it would become a lot easier.

For me it's getting used to the whole game play and features. I am still very new to RTS games so majority of the times I find these things extremely confusing. I believe with time though it would become a lot easier.
Don't worry too much mate, with time, you're going to be very used to playing any kind of RTS games. Just look up good YouTube channel about specific RTS games and follow. You will learn a lot from their gaming contents.

Every new player faces this challenge. But the beauty of it is that if you are not discouraged and keep playing while learning how to be better, you will eventually find it much more enjoyable.

Back