• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What are your strategies for your favorite RTS game

eLdavis

Gets mad then gets over it
From what I have come to understand so far, when it comes RTS games strategies and tactics play a very important role. Having the best strategy can be a game changer. Would you like to share some of your favorite strategies when you play? How do you manage resources or unit production?

Working on saving resources is far better than spending it anyhow. It is one of the best strategies that I have adopted, and it really worked pretty fine for me.

One of the strategies I have used for the RTS game I have been playing is to spread out my base into different areas to reduce the possibility of widespread damage. By avoiding crowding the structures I built, I can save them from being destroyed in one fell swoop. In addition, I prioritize constant upgrades of both my soldiers and the buildings in my base. It is vital that I collect resources on a regular basis to maintain a sustainable economy.

Planning for the future in a multiplayer game. If you decide to do a sabotage raid on your enemy with special units like knights, Make sure you have the resources to replenish them as soon as your raid is over or they die. This will prevent your enemy from exploiting that weakness and taking advantage of time.

If you're going for attack, make sure you can build up sufficient army to deter the enemy from attacking in event of failure of your attack. It simply means having enough resources in reserve before taking initiative.

Sometimes you will attack and fail to break through, so you'll need to do waves of attacks. Make sure you have the resources for that.

Planning for the future in a multiplayer game. If you decide to do a sabotage raid on your enemy with special units like knights, Make sure you have the resources to replenish them as soon as your raid is over or they die. This will prevent your enemy from exploiting that weakness and taking advantage of time.

If you're going for attack, make sure you can build up sufficient army to deter the enemy from attacking in event of failure of your attack. It simply means having enough resources in reserve before taking initiative.

Sometimes you will attack and fail to break through, so you'll need to do waves of attacks. Make sure you have the resources for that.

This is so true. It is important to have that backup if you are looking at achieving success in playing some RTS games. You can't attack with every resources that you have without making plans on the backup that can help you build a defense should the enemy strike hack.

From what I have come to understand so far, when it comes RTS games strategies and tactics play a very important role. Having the best strategy can be a game changer. Would you like to share some of your favorite strategies when you play? How do you manage resources or unit production?

Knowing more about your enemy is one of the basic strategies that I use. I play with the intention of understanding more about the enemy and their weaknesses. If you fail to do this, you won't enjoy playing any of the rts based games.

StarCraft II is one of my favourite and, my strategy is always around building a veru strong economy. I tend to focus more on managing resources efficiently and also expanding to new bases too. Trust me, this strategy works just fine.

I'm a fan of the boom or bust strategy in Age of Empires IV. What I do is to focus on expanding my economy very rapidly thereby producing a large army. This gives me enough power to attack my opponent in a very aggressive manner.

In Warcraft III, I use the macro-management strategy. And I try to focuse on long-term economy. I build a strong foundation first and then expand to key areas. I found out that it's better to dictate the pace of the game which I do by using my hero units.

Back