• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What are your favourite scouting techniques in RTS games?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
Scouting is a very critical aspect in playing RTS games. With having and using an effective scouting techniques, it will give you a great advantage in getting the better of your opponent in the game.

I love using cloaked and stealth units to scout my opponent and gather information without being detected. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun is one RTS game that I used the Stealth Tank for the Brotherhood of Nod faction to do carry out my scouting.

I love to use units like scouts to quickly explore the map and spot my enemy positions. It's just like a game of hide-and-seek and I'm trying to always find the enemy first before they find me.

There are different abilities that can be used for scouting. They include increased vision range and camouflage. This can enhance scouting effectiveness. It’s important to protect your scouts and keep them out of harm’s way though.

Back