• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What are The Economy Management Tips for New Players?

Blitz

Gets mad then gets over it
I can remember how I struggled with economy management when I first started playing RTS games. One tip that really helped me was that I focused on a single resource at a time as this will enhance clarity. It's crucial not to gather everything at once. Also, you need to prioritize one resource (like food or gold) and make sure you're gathering it more efficiently before you even move on to the next.

Also, it is critical tokeep an eye on your storage capacity. Don't try to gather more resources than you can store as it’ll amount to a total waste. Finally, it’s essential not to be afraid to pause the game and take a look at your economy. You need to do this because it's so easy to get caught up in the action and forget to manage your resources.

Again depends on the gam,e and the resource machanic being used. Games like command and conquer need you to have money in the nank before you can bult anything. Games like supreme commander have a FLOW ECONOMY where you will continue to build stuff ewven if you have negative flow it just buls very slowly. Like with early game dominance. the key is to disrupt the resource mamnagement of ouy oppinent not just foucs on yours.

Back