• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What are the best RTS games for beginners?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
There are many RTS games available which anyone can start playing whenever they wanted. They have great gameplay which can be very entertaining to enjoy. But do you think there are any specific RTS games which are best suited for someone who wanted to start playing RTS games for the first or can anyone of them be good?

For beginners, I recommend Age of Empires II. I suggest this game because it has a gentle learning curve with clear tutorials, and the historical setting makes beginners easy to grasp. Another game I can recommend is Red Alert 2. It has fast-paced gameplay and a less complex economy. These games do not overwhelming new players, thus making them beginner friendly.

I'll stick with the C&C Remastered Collection. Loads to do. Easy learning curve. Great story.

For beginners, I recommend Age of Empires II. I suggest this game because it has a gentle learning curve with clear tutorials, and the historical setting makes beginners easy to grasp. Another game I can recommend is Red Alert 2. It has fast-paced gameplay and a less complex economy. These games do not overwhelming new players, thus making them beginner friendly.

Age of Empires is a good recommendation. It was one of the games that I started with when I was still new to playing Real Time strategy games.

Age of Empires is a good recommendation. It was one of the games that I started with when I was still new to playing Real Time strategy games.
That's nice, what was your experience like with Age of Empires, and how long have you been playing RTS games?

That's nice, what was your experience like with Age of Empires, and how long have you been playing RTS games?

I've had fun playing Age of Empires. However, the biggest challenge that you can experience is balancing resource management. If you can be able to create a balance while adapting to rival's strategies, you will enjoy playing this game.

Back