• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What Are the Benefits of Playing RTS Games?

Battlemind

Gets mad then gets over it
RTS games are not just a fun activity but also a method to improve cognitive skills such as strategic thinking, problem-solving, and quick decision-making. Those who play a lot of RTS games are also able to build the ability to multitask and work in a team. What kind of benefits have you experienced by playing strategic games?

Last edited:
RTS is much about being aware of your situations and your environment. Hence it can help players make better swift decisions and adapt to changing circumstances. This is an essential life skill.

RTS games are not just a fun activity but also a method to improve cognitive skills such as strategic thinking, problem-solving, and quick decision-making. Those who play a lot of RTS games are also able to build the ability to multitask and work in a team. What kind of benefits have you experienced by playing strategic games?
There are so many reasons why a lot of people play any kind of games they play which is the reason why when I started playing real-time strategy video games, it is something designed to help me with management of resources and be very good in decision making. I have learnt a lot from playing such games.

It's a good time killer for me when I'm bored, or if I don't want to play a game where I have to move around a lot.

I can build my empire at whatever pace I want.

Some people are wary about playing RTS games because they think they can be addictive and waste their time. On the other hand, in moderation, it yields benefits. From my perspective, engaging in RTS games has greatly improved my decision-making, problem-solving, and multitasking skills. In addition, it has been instrumental in alleviating stress and boredom, especially when I live alone in my apartment. I do not get to play often these days, though, because of work, and I get tired easily because of my health condition.

I feel a lot of people give RTS games less credit than they deserve. One major benefit of RTS games is that it helps to improve our long term memory, making our minds a lot sharper than it used to be.

Playing RTS games has helped me in a lot of ways. First of all, I am now a lot better when it comes to critical thinking and analysis. It is something that I find to be really good for me. Also, playing RTS games has helped my decision-making abilities as I am now more inclined to take decisions after looking at different variables that I have with me.

Back