• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

What are some underrated RTS games worth playing?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
I'm very familiar with so much new and very popular RTS games that many gamers are into playing today. They are equally good games but that's not what I'm looking at getting into now. I'm looking for good underrated RTS games to start playing like Warzone 2100.

Which RTS games do you know to be underrated but still very good?

This is not uncommon because there are some games that are really good but not many people know about them. One of those games is Rise of Nations.

If you are looking for a good RTS game that is not been talked about much, then you should consider Company of Heroes, it is a WWII strategy game with very goof tactical elements that can make you enjoy the game.

Northgard is a Viking themed RTS game with strong focus on exploration, resource management and combat. It was released in 2017 and reviews shows that it’s an underrated game.

You are right @Kane, and also, Field of Glory 2 is a good RTS game that a lot of gamers are not talking about yet. It has a historical strategy that you will enjoy playing as long as you can be able to handle the deep tactical display that comes with playing it. It is a game that I highly recommend.

If you are looking for a good RTS game that is not been talked about much, then you should consider Company of Heroes, it is a WWII strategy game with very goof tactical elements that can make you enjoy the game.
I think Company of Heroes is quite popular. If you're familiar with Dawn of War, it's a good rival for Company of Heroes which makes it a good RTS game many lovers of RTS games enjoy.

Company of Heroes is really good but it's not well known like some popular RTS games. It's very similar to the adventure set in World War II, and you also have all the freedom to control your own army. This is fun but unfortunately, it's underrated.

I will have to agree with you, Company of Heroes, despite being really good RTS game does not have a lot of players and is often left out in RTS discussion. Another underrated RTS game is Act of War: Direct Action. The game is highly realistic but I do not see a lot of people playing the game

I will have to agree with you, Company of Heroes, despite being really good RTS game does not have a lot of players and is often left out in RTS discussion. Another underrated RTS game is Act of War: Direct Action. The game is highly realistic but I do not see a lot of people playing the game

Yes, I agree. I also like Company of Heroes. It is an underrated RTS game. One characteristic that I find appealing is the World War II theme. It provides an engaging command over every soldier and their special skills. Additionally, as someone who has always been interested in history subject, I fancy historical RTS games because they enable me to participate with and learn from historical events. This game does an excellent job of depicting the essence of WWII in an interesting manner.

I have not played the Act of War: Direct Action, but it looks like a game that I should try my hands on very soon since you said it is one that has high quality.

I have not played the Act of War: Direct Action, but it looks like a game that I should try my hands on very soon since you said it is one that has high quality.
It is one of the best games for those who like fast paced game play and intense combat

Back