• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Video game hopes for 2024?

svjiminfxv

Ready for deployment
We are very close to 2024 and as much as we have seen some announcements and release dates for games during 2024, we know there are going to be some announcements in 2024 regarding new games.

Have you got any hopes for games you would like to see in 2024? Are hoping to see any kind of announcements?

With me spending a lot of time away from video games at the moment and being a little out of the loop, I am not sure if anything has been rumoured or announced for potential release at the moment aside from Destiny 2's DLC which is due out in February 2024, The Final Shape.

I do need to get back into Destiny 2 so would be a good time to do so now if I can before that DLC drops.

There's a few games due this year which I'm excited to try out. Star Wars Outlaws and the Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster are two standouts for me (are you seeing a theme?).

That would be The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the kingdom. The prequel Breath of the wild was a good one, so I’m looking forward to the sequel.

I'm hoping we'll be getting more information on when the Gex Trilogy is going to be released. I'm hoping it's coming out this year, it was announced back in July of last year and they didn't mention a release date. I'm also hoping we'll get a new Sonic game this year but we probably won't get any announcements until Summer.

I'm hoping that we get some more single-player games and ones that don't have that crappy GaaS or Live game style of monetization methods. Just saw that Frostpunk 2 is going to be arriving at Game Pass as a day-one release. Looking forward to that as I had a tone of fun with the original.

There's a few games due this year which I'm excited to try out. Star Wars Outlaws and the Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster are two standouts for me (are you seeing a theme?).

I call the year, the year of Star Wars fans. Both Star Wars Outlaws and Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster are games that any gamer that likes to play on the platform will definitely want to get involved with.

Back