• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

NEEDS PREFIX Top 10 RTS games ever.

I very much agree with StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty being on the top list in this one. If they had put another as the number one in the list, I would throw it out and say it's a trash.

Don't get me wrong—StarCraft II is a masterpiece. Its fast-paced gameplay, intense micromanagement, and deep strategy have solidified its place in the RTS hall of fame.

However, my heart belongs to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. There's something magical about building up a mighty civilization from scratch—starting from the humble Dark Age and advancing through the eras while managing resources, designing cities, and crafting your unique path to victory. The Definitive Edition takes all of that nostalgia and polishes it with improved graphics, new civilizations, enhanced AI, and quality-of-life updates that make it perfect for both newcomers and seasoned veterans.

Don't get me wrong—StarCraft II is a masterpiece. Its fast-paced gameplay, intense micromanagement, and deep strategy have solidified its place in the RTS hall of fame.

However, my heart belongs to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. There's something magical about building up a mighty civilization from scratch—starting from the humble Dark Age and advancing through the eras while managing resources, designing cities, and crafting your unique path to victory. The Definitive Edition takes all of that nostalgia and polishes it with improved graphics, new civilizations, enhanced AI, and quality-of-life updates that make it perfect for both newcomers and seasoned veterans.
I completely agree with you. When you think about a real-time strategy game that's going to have you so committed to getting things done and being very devoted to it, it's definitely Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. You wouldn't have to wail about poor graphics because they have it checked out in the game.

I've given Age of Empires II a quick spin once, it does deserve the number two spot. I'll have to check out gameplay on the others.

I've given Age of Empires II a quick spin once, it does deserve the number two spot. I'll have to check out gameplay on the others.
I completely agree with you. Looking at all the times which I've played Age of Empires II, it does merit being on that spot above every other games on my list for obvious reasons with how you control a civilization and guide it through several historical periods in the game.

Back