• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

RTS HQ Top 10 Forgotten RTS Games: Hidden Gems You Need to Rediscover

Articles from our main page.

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
From commanding vast armies to managing intricate economies, real-time strategy games have provided some of the most cerebral experiences in gaming history. With the ability to command vast armies from the past, modern day and the future, RTS games have captivated players for decades.

Some classic titles, like StarCraft and Total Annihilation, have cemented themselves as icons, shaping the evolution of the genre. Yet, for every legend there are a multitude of other games which offered unique mechanics, deep strategies, and memorable experiences, but that quietly faded into obscurity.

With over 600 real-time strategy titles released since 1990, it’s expected that some excellent titles have slipped through the net and escaped the notice of real-time strategy fans. Lets take a look back through the games of the past that you might have missed but are still worthy off your attention.

I agree that Total Annihilation: Kingdoms didn't really achieve success like the original. It was just unfortunate that it was released around the time Age of Empires and StarCraft games were hot cakes.
I don't think Original War was overshadowed by any game to be honest, it did just fine in my books.

How can I ever forget Halo Wars 2009? This RTS game gave me so much more than I ever hoped for. It was easily among my best top 5 RTS games.

Back