• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

TimeSplitters Trilogy

Ravenfreak

Ready for deployment
Some of my favorite FPS games are the Timesplitters trilogy. My cousin got me into the series in 2005 with Timesplitters Future Perfect. He brought the game over during the summer and we used to play co-op together as well as make maps in the map maker. I got a copy of the game for the GameCube not too long after since he thought he lost his copy, but after my dad bought me a copy we found it lol. Anyways I got the first game shortly after, and it's definitely not as good as Future Perfect. I still need to get around to playing the sequel, I own it for the Xbox. Sadly there was a fourth one finally being developed but last month Free Radical was bought out and the project got canceled because Free Radical was shut down. :( Looks like the franchise is stuck as a trilogy. You can play 2 and Future Perfect on Xbox Series X/S since it's backwards compatible, but the first game was a PS2 launch title and wasn't ported to the other consoles so it's stuck on PS2. You can find a copy of the first one for pretty cheap though, Future Perfect is the most expensive one especially the version I own since GameCube titles are not cheap. You can read more about it on the wikipedia article for the series:

I'm trying to remember which console I played Timesplitters on. It might have been PS1 or PS2. It was on of the first games I remember having a level editor. I used to build different levels play in which was cool. It was also one of the first games I remember having the now almost-default twin-stick layout. A decent game.

Back