• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Role of Naval Warfare in RTS Games - Is it Underutilized or Overhyped?

Blitz

Gets mad then gets over it
It's time to talk about naval warfare in RTS games. It's super cool, but in my opinion, it's also underused. You can imagine having a whole fleet of ships to command. You have to attack enemy coastlines, protect your own, or even sneak past their defenses. This sounds like a whole new game within the game. So, I’ve been meaning to ask if it's really important or not. Share your thoughts with me.

For me, I've been a very big fan of naval battles and I don't think it's underutilized. It gets more exciting when I sink the enemy's ships and protect my own. Trust me, It's so much fun. I also like how I can use different types of ships, like submarines to take down the enemies.

The naval warfare is not underused because you can make them do a lot of cool things, like hide behind islands or escape through narrow waters. And while you do this, it's also very important to think about resources, like fuel. You don't really want your ships to run out of gas in the middle of a battle.

Back