• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Role of Base-Building in RTS Games?

Ini

All warfare is based on deception
The bases building is actually the foundation of RTS games. The base-building has helped me to creat a very strong base which is very crucial for success, but i still need to know more on what makes a good base. Do you focus on defense, resource production, or expansion?

Well, Base-building is all about efficiency in a game. What I do is simply focusing on creating a well-defended base that allows me to maximizes resource production. This is what sets me up for a strong economy and military might.

Well, Base-building is all about efficiency in a game. What I do is simply focusing on creating a well-defended base that allows me to maximizes resource production. This is what sets me up for a strong economy and military might.
I agreed! I emphasize more on the importance of adaptability. I make sure to be very flexible because it's what Base-building needs. I also respond to the game's progression and opponent's moves very quickly. But I’m always prepared to expand, contract or even relocate my base if the need be.

I believe the first and most important thing to do when it comes to base building is to ensure the defence is solid enough to ward off attacks. When you are sure that is taken care of you can think of others.

Back