• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Next Major RTS Will Fail. This Is Why.

Vortex

Gets mad then gets over it
Have you all seen this video? What do you think? is RTS doomed?

TL : DW - The focus of RTS devs should be on single player not multi-player as most RTS gamers class themselves as casual.

It's actually been a long time theory of mine that the silent majority when it comes to real-time strategy are just casual gamers who want a solid replayable campaign mode and that multi-player is a secondary consideration. That's certainly me! I'm a strange combination of really competitve and really bad at games! I much prefer to play a glorious campaign.

Personally, I do enjoy playing at my own pace and I see multiplayer as intense and competitive as well. And this can be too overwhelming for casual players.

It's actually been a long time theory of mine that the silent majority when it comes to real-time strategy are just casual gamers who want a solid replayable campaign mode and that multi-player is a secondary consideration.
Its a solid theory and one I agree with enitely. Single player games are the best games.

Back