• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Future of RTS: Where Do We Go From Here?

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
I think in the future, RTS games will include more cross-platform play, thus making it easier to connect with friends. This will help RTS games to reach wider audience. I also believe RTS games will be using VR/AR and provide immersive experiences. I think developers will use advanced AI to build more dynamic and challenging gameplay.

Yeah, cross-platform is going to be big, but only with certain types of games. Can you imagine trying to play a complex RTS with just a controller? You need mouse/keyboard to be fully effective. I can see some of the more simplistic games being successful x-platform but if you have something deep you really do need to be on PC.

What do you think the future holds for RTS games? With the introduction of new technologies like artificial intelligence, cloud gaming and even virtual reality how do you think it would affect RTS games. I know most morden games have started using AI to enhance game play but am abit curious how an RTS game would be like in virtual reality.

This is already being discussed m8.

I've been thinking about the future of Real-Time Strategy (RTS) games and I'm really excited because the future's so promising. With advancements in tech, I’m very sure we will see improved graphics, new genres, and innovative gameplay mechanics too.

It's also very possible to see more focus on storytelling and immersive experiences too.

What do you think the future holds for RTS games?

RTS gaming is steadily gaining popularity in new regions like Latin America and Asia. Some RTS games like age of empires and warcraft are also getting remakes, bringing back some amazing memories of past games. So it is safe to say that the future doesn't look bleak as far as RTS games are concerned.

Moderator: Threads merged.

Please use the search function. :)

I want to see more RTS games with VR capabilities. It’ll be filled with lots of fun. Addtionally, it’ll take the strategy games to a whole new level with interactive and environments.

The game changer would be the incorporation of AI-powered opponents and cooperative gameplay. I already Imagine myself battling against very intelligent enemies or even teaming up with friends to conquer complex missions. I can see that the future of RTS games is so bright.

I think going forward, we would see more of mobile RTS games. That would mean we would have shorter plots. And there would be much more simplified controls. Games in the RTS genre are limited for mobile as it stands but we hope to see a sharp increase that would double the number in the next three to five years.

Back