• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Evolution of RTS Games From Dune to Modern Titles

Ini

All warfare is based on deception
It's time to actually take a journey through the evolution of Real-Time Strategy (RTS) games. I want us to look from the early days of Dune II to modern titles like StarCraft II and Age of Empires IV. The RTS games have really come a long way and we have seen quite a lot of improvement in graphics and gameplay. How do you think your favourite genre has improved over time?

You make me remember Dune II. That game is absolutely a blast. I still remembered playing it on my old PC. The genre has really evolved so much since then. Games like Command & Conquer and Warcraft III have really added new amazing features.

Yeah, it's very important not to forget about the impact of esports on RTS games. The games like StarCraft II and Age of Empires II are games used for competitive gaming, with the professional players competing in tournaments worldwide. That's an evolution!

Back