• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Endless War to Replace Total Annihilation

• Thread starter Thread starter Al
  • Start date Start date

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
Youtuber, Ianbus put out a video a few months ago looking at the games seeking to supplant Total Annihilation.

"Total Annihilation and its successor, Supreme Commander launched a new kind of RTS game, one characterised by gigantic unit counts, hundreds of unit types, a novel approach to “macro” and devastating weaponry, with projectiles modelled in real-time and the very terrain changing as a result of the endless battle between machines.Many years since the dust has settled… the conflict to become the “spiritual successor” to these legendary titles is heating up (in a good way). I’ll take you through the story so far and showcase some of the best existing and upcoming titles to scratch that TA/SupComm itch."

Okay, if anything that write up is sure to captivate the interest of any RTS gamer. I agree that Total Annihilation and supreme commander are legendary games, but I can't wait to see what these upcoming games have to offer. I really hope they have the potential to usurp TA and Sup Comm in the top spots.

The Total Annihilation replacement is great to watch. It's so amazing to see how it will set a new standard for RTS games especially with the massive unit counts and also the projectile modeling. I just can't wait to experience this..

The Total Annihilation replacement is great to watch. It's so amazing to see how it will set a new standard for RTS games especially with the massive unit counts and also the projectile modeling. I just can't wait to experience this..
I do need to see the new standard come to live. It's so amazing to see games that are trying to fill the void left by TA. The Endless War, in particular, looks very promising to me. The massive battles and terrain s something to watch out for.

It'd be thrilling to see new RTS games spring up. Moreso if they can challenge the ones who appear to have stayed on the top for far too long!

I’m a big fan of games that focus on large-scale battles and environmental destruction. And based on what I’m seeing, the Endless War has got this covered and it's going to be an exciting time for RTS fans.

I think Company of Heroes would give Total Annihilation a run for their money in a little while. When you consider that Company of Heroes uses squad based tactics, it is easier to see why it is fast becoming a favorite option for RTS games enthusiasts. Throw in the fact that it uses realistic settings, and you would easily agree with me that it is an emerging force to challenge Total Annihilation.

Back