• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

The Cold Hard Truth About a Red Alert 2 Remaster

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net

What's your take on this? Do you think we'll see Red Alert 2 - or any other Command and Conquer game - get the remaster treatment?

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your "Cold Hard Truth." There just isn't enough interest in the series to justify the investment in a remaster. If they do make it I'll eat my hat.

It is a shame to have to say it but it's true, the popularity just is not there now, with no interest developers will see it as pointless to even consider a remaster which is a shame.

For me, I'd really love to see a Red Alert 2 remaster. The game is a classic and the gameplay gets me hooked. And because others have really achieved success with remasters and remakes, I think this is not going to be an exception. It is definitely doable.

Red Alert 2 is seem to have a dedicated fan base, and a remaster could actually introduce this iconic game to a new generation of players. What I'm surprised about the whole thing is that it's uncertain if Red Alert 2 will be remastered.

I guess the people going into overdrive is kinda understandable because I also feel that Red Alert 2 really didn't shake the gaming world enough to be getting a remaster.

The fans are actually demanding for a remaster but it seems EA's priorities are so unpredictable. In my opinion, If a remaster happens, it's likely because the fan mount pressure on the developers.

Back