• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: OG -VS- 2017 Edition

kensonplays

Ready for deployment
Which of these Star Wars Battlefront 2 games do you prefer?

I much prefer the gameplay of the OG Battlefront 2, but the visuals from the 2017 version, of course. I feel the gameplay is better on the OG with limited time for hero use, rather than someone snagging a spot and possibly not dying even once in the entire match, not giving other players a chance to play as a hero (or villian).

I haven't played the very first but I have fond memories of BF2 original. Various tales of EA's monetization and game design choices pushed me away from the 2017 version and saved me the money. The core is the key, I am very forgiving if the graphics do their job but I have little mercy for a rotting core that's dressed up. I suppose it helps I don't exactly keep up with the latest and greatest hardware either.

They did turn it around in the end, to be honest. They removed the lootbox-style crates, so it is a lot better than it was at launch.

Personally for me, The original Star Wars Battlefront was the best. Even though Battlefront 2 was seen as the gold standard for the franchise but for the fact that it neglected some unique aspects of the game, it's what made the original Star Wars Battlefront stick for me as the better game.

Back