• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Single-player or Multi-player (or both)?

What's most important to you?

• Single-player

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Multi-player

• They're of equal importance

• Total voters

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
There's a bit of a debate which comes up in real-time strategy circles every so often, especially when it comes to discussing the development of new games. It's the argument about what is most important; single-player or multi-player?

Single-player is often considered to be a solid campaign mode.

Multi-player is PVP (player v player) battles.

Which is most important to you? Or do they carry equal weight?

Based on my perspective, both the single-player and multi-player have their own uniqueness. I love the single player mode as much as I love to enjoy the thrill in competing against other players in multiplayer battles. However, the one to choose depends widely on personal preference and gaming lifestyle.

Last edited:
During my life I have enjoyed both game modes, the multi-player can be really fun, but I have always liked the campaign mode and the single-player in general a little more, I am a fairly relaxed player and that is why I prefer that game mode.

I both are equally important. Single player mode lets me play the game in my own pase and gives me time to understand how the game works. There are also times you might not want to play with others. Multiplayer on the other hand makes it more fun to play.

Multi-player games can be fun, but single player is always my choice, since I just like going at my own pace without internet connection or joining lobby fears.

Multi-player games are my first go to. Even though I don't have any problems with going down the single player mode but when it comes to RTS games, I will always be go with the multiplayer mode.

Back