• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Single-player modes or Multiplayer mode?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
Between single-player modes or multiplayer mode which one is your favourite with the RTS games normally like to play? Game playing mode have a way of impacting on the experience gamers have with playing any particular game.

If you're choosing RTS games to play, which playing mode hold the best gaming experience for you?

Frankly speaking, I like multiplayer mode because playing against real people keeps things exciting. Well, single player modes are also good but these are basically for learning and enjoying the story. Multiplayer tests your skills and strategies. The thrill of outsmarting another player makes multiplayer mode great.

I prefer single player. I don't like to play competitively. Im not good enuf.

I prefer single player. I don't like to play competitively. Im not good enuf.

This means that you enjoy playing at your own pace. One other disadvantage of playing the other mode, which is multiplayer, is that you can get bullied on some online attacks by abusive gamers.

I prefer single player mode. I am still new to RTS games so I feel I still have a long way to go. When I am more confident about my skills, I can give multiplayer mode a go and see what comes out of it.

Multiplayer games would be fun, but I have not seen many people that even have an idea of RTS. And I don’t want to play online with anyone. So for now it’s still single playing mode, till I meet another enthusiast.

I am not good at RTS games, so I prefer single-player modes. I find that competing with others is not my strong suit, especially when I know there is a higher chance that I will lose. LOL. Additionally, I am drawn to the peace and beauty of playing alone, without the necessity for social connection, even online. I put top importance on peace and quiet because I am the type of person who prefers isolation and finds happiness and comfort in it.

Back