• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Single-bladed or double-bladed lightsaber?

Heatman

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Single-bladed lightsaber are very common in the Star Wars franchise but there are characters who made double-bladed lightsaber a weapon to be feared with how they use it to fight. Darth Maul is one of my favorite guys who used double-bladed lightsaber in a unique way. The double-bladed lightsaber allows for a faster attack and it worked excellent as a defensive weapons by providing more surface area for deflecting and parrying attacks.

Which one is your favorite between single-bladed or double-bladed lightsaber?

What you get with a double you lose by having to totally redesign your style around its weaknesses, not least of which its several times multiplied chance of taking out one of your limbs. What you gain in speed from momentum in a given direction you lose in viable directions to work with. If I had to learn one of those things I'd take a detachable for tactical flexibility. Two blades I do like, at least cosmetically.

And no, you lose me with those silly overengineered helicopter blades"... and I'm not sold by 'crossguards'. However I'm oddly intrigued by a blaster attachment.

My favorite lightsaber is the double-bladed lightsaber. Its unique design and the way it can be wielded with agility and precision make it an impressive and formidable weapon. Plus, it just looks really cool. :D

Back