• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

RTS Games with the Best Storylines - What's Your Favorite?

Blitz

Gets mad then gets over it
It's time to talk about RTS games with amazing storylines. I've come across some compelling stories in the RTS genre and it keeps me coming back. Right now, i’m thinking of games like StarCraft II because it has an epic sci-fi narrative which really gets to me.

What are your favorite RTS games with compelling stories?

For me, I love the storyline in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. The battle between humans, orcs, and elves is so intense and engaging. That's exactly what I look for in a game and I found it in Reign of Chaos. Also, the cinematics are visually appealing.

Based on my experience, it's got to be Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. I'm obsessed with the futuristic setting, the struggle against the Brotherhood of Nod, and also the mysterious Tiberium. These combination captivated my heart.

The Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is my personal favorite. Its story is one of the best, with remarkable characters such as Thrall and Arthas Menethil who makes the story more interesting. The story knits together different storylines, with every character's objectives feeling distinct. I really admire the theatrical aspect of the missing sequences, as well as Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos's vast setting, which provides new and pleasant locations. I also like the fact that it shows real-life events, such as corruption and the outcome of war. It is a good eye-opener for us as we get to know what is happening in the world.

Back